Life just keeps getting busier and busier. I feel like blogging has become like my old diaries where all my entries used to start with "Dear Diary, It's been so long since I wrote in here. So much has happened."
Working a couple part-time jobs, raising a bunch of kids, sort of managing a household and a life has me all kinds of exhausted.
|One afternoon last week we had the house to ourselves unexpectedly and um, we took a nap. Lucy found us like this when she got home from school and took this picture. LOL!|
I used to write a new blog post every day. Posts about crafts, posts about politics, posts filled with pictures and sometimes funny stories. I wrote posts that were sponsored by toothpaste companies, phone companies and even toilet paper companies. Every Friday I wrote a post about something I knew for sure. Well, here's what I know for sure right now:
- I miss blogging and writing and being creative.
- There is power in being silly and I'm so glad I married a man who embraces that fact. This man is ridiculous.
- Time is going faster. I mean that's a thing right? The older you get, the faster time goes.
- Having active, sporty kids is really wonderful. But um, they do get hurt a lot and it's making me crazy (er).
|JT's sporty cast for his broken finger!|
Saw this poster at one of the dr.'s offices we were in recently. Took a picture to know what's ahead...
- I want to lose weight and be healthy, but I also really love to eat. A lot.
|Yes please, anytime. Seriously, anytime.|
- I want a long silk robe, with shoulder pads. Yup. After watching the movie Jackie I wanted a long robe like the ones Natalie Portman wears. She looked so sophisticated. But then I was watching Golden Girls the other day and I LOVE that Dorothy's long robe had shoulder pads. LOOOOOOVE. I need and want a fancy long robe. And by the way, I laugh out loud at the Golden Girls. It's some funny shit.
|So sophisticated right?|
|So freakin awesome right?|
- I need more sleep now that I'm entering the middle forties.
- Summer is better than winter. Look, I like winter sports, I embraced Hygee-ing but dude, summer is just better. I can't wait for sitting on the porch, swimming, sunshine and sundresses.
- I'm down for learning and embracing yoga. It's going to be my new thing. I recently hurt my back and it suuuuuucked. It all comes down to a weak core and tight hips. That needs to change, so I will be embracing yoga.
- I'm planning my road trip for this summer and I AM SO EXCITED! The countdown is officially on. St. Louis here I come (and a million places in between). It's going to be epic.
- Vanderpump Rules is one of my favorite reality shows. I can't believe I know that for sure, but I do. I teared up at the preview for the upcoming wedding episode. I mean they fly the brothers in? Come on! I'm not even embarrassed anymore. I need distraction from the news of the world and this show is where it's at.
- Fabletics pants are the bomb. I just got my first pair and they are awesome. Which makes me happy because I'm a big Kate Hudson fan and I wanted her company to be good.
Sooooo yeah, it's Monday, the news everywhere is still so bad, it's snowing, my back still hurts, I have really awful hair, I wish my legs were way thinner and my teenage daughter thinks I'm "so annoying." BUT Monday is almost over, things could be worse, I got rad new pants from @fabletics that I LOVE and my back feels good enough to dance again. Things aren't so bad after all! #dancetherapy #kitchendance #positivity #lookforthegood