I am a sensitive person. Some might say overly sensitive and they have a point. I feel a lot of feelings all the time. It can be intense. But it can also be amazing. You see, because I feel dark parts I can really enjoy and feel the light parts. I can get dark sometimes, but it makes the light so good. And I always come back to the light. Yes, I would say I dwell in possibility and positivity more than darkness. I search for the good, I seek it, I love it, I need it.
Yesterday, the light and all the amazing goodness was in my lilac bush in my front yard. The smell is knock you over fabulous. It's the kind of lilac bush when you walk by, you stop and close your eyes and breathe in the smell of spring and hope and ahhhh. It's the kind of lilac bush that a neighbor asked if he could clip some lilacs off to take to his mother in the nursing home (YES! OF COURSE!). It's the kind of lilac bush you marvel at and you say "damn, life is good."
My yard sucks, my house is really not very nice at all and we are renters (gasp! whaaaaat?!), but that lilac bush is in my yard and I feel like the richest, luckiest person on the street because of it. See? Who gets that excited about and/or finds inspiration in a lilac bush? Someone who feels it ALL. Ha! I know for sure this week that it's not all bad to be an overly sensitve person and lilacs are awesome.
Here's what else I know for sure this week:
- Love this new song from JT. Kind of goes with my love of positivity.
(click here to watch)
- Time goes fast. I've become one of those mothers who tells younger mothers that. Annoying but Jesus, so true. Check out this video I found. It feels like yesterday!!!!!
- Speaking of mothers, I LOVE what The Compassion Collective is doing for Mother's Day. They are bringing back the revolution part of the day and helping children around the world. Check it out. And give. Seriously. It's awesome. http://thecompassioncollective.org
- Listen To Your Mother Detroit was amazing. And I think I kind of grew up as a producer. Here's a recap of this year's show- click here.
|My co-producer and friend, Angela, |
and me right after this year's show.
- Mother's Day and the Olympics and P&G commericals are the bomb. I love this.
(click here to watch the video)
Happy Mother's Day! What do YOU know for sure right now? Tell me!