"Life goes really fast," JT said as he tied his tennis shoe getting ready to get on the bus for the first day of school. "I mean it seems like I was just in second grade."
"Yeah buddy, it sure does," I told him and kissed the top of his head. "Isn't it kind of crazy, you are growing up?!," I smiled. "Have a great day today," I told him as he headed off to the bus taking him to fourth grade. And then I watched Wade trail after him, so excited to start kindergarten.
Ahhhhhh. It does go fast. I'm feeling that so hard this week. Time and life and kids growing up and no more babies and new wrinkles and teenagers with phones and all of the kids in school and my kids thinking Tim and I are "so old" and Tim and I feeling so old and holy shit is it Friday already and oh my god.....it's enough to make some of us who are little prone to anxiety panic a little.
Maybe all these feelings of vulnerability and anxiety are why I am enjoying our new trampoline so much. Yeah, trampoline. A friend of mine gave it to us and we are loving it. There's really nothing like jumping around together and being silly and ridiculous and exhausted to make you feel happy.
|There are a few rips in the net that I have to fix, I know.|
|For some of us with a little extra energy, the trampoline has helped burn some of it off.|
|The kids helped me put it together while Tim was gone this past weekend. I feel pretty damn proud that we did it without Tim.|
What I know for sure this week is that life and time are moving fast but it feels good to jump and be silly and enjoy every minute we can.
|A cool part about the tweens and teens having phones is that they like to take slow-mo videos of the kids jumping and then they watch it. I would have LOVED that as a kid.|
Here's what else I know for sure right now:
- I love rainbows. Did you see the picture of the rainbow in NYC on the eve of the 14th anniversary of 9/11. It was beautiful. Click here to see it.
- My kids are getting so independent. Yup. I have three that are old enough to walk to the store on their own and even ask "do you need anything mom?"
- I LOOOOOOVE this song. It's my theme song this fall. I mean with lyrics like "learn to forgive, learn to let go....don 't be so hard on yourself" it's just so good. And the video has a drum line-type solo and I f-ing love it.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, everyone is growing up around here, but we are never too old to dress up and play pretend Harry Potter style.
- I like extremely violent TV (I really didn't see this coming, I'm not really a fan of violence). I am obsessed with the TV show "Sons of Anarchy." My sister and brother told me to watch it for years and I never did until this summer. Thank god for Netflix because Tim and I are in LOVE with watching this show. It's violent and upsetting, and such good storytelling. We are in the middle of season three out of seven. (PLEASE DON'T TELL ME HOW IT ENDS!)
- Abraham Lincoln was pretty amazing. I am also obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. After visiting the museum of his birthplace in Kentucky this summer I became so interested in his life. I've been reading and watching and learning so much about him. He is fascinating.
What do YOU know for sure this week, right now? Tell me about it, share the knowledge!