There's an air of love and of happiness. Oh wait that's the Fresh Prince's new definition of summer madness. Yeah, it's Summer, Summer, Summertime. Sorry to go all old school Fresh Prince, but I love that song and he raps the truth. Because we are all love and happiness up in here.
Sure, the kids fight, the house is a mess and all of that. But who cares? It's summer! I love summertime.
Not to get all Byrds on you, but come on, just like Will Smith back in the day, they were right too. To everything (turn, turn, turn) there is a season (turn, turn, turn)and a time to every purpose, under Heaven.
A time for running through neighbors' sprinklers.
A time for sticking our feet in muddy rivers.
A time for hiding and seeking outside.
A time for monkey bars.
A time for lacrosse sticks and broomsticks to be swords, top hats and flags and wild imagination in the middle of the day just because.
|I think they were chanting "for Narnia!"|
A time for clover flower crowns.
A time for climbing mountains, chasing rainbows, jumping waves, soaking up the sun and looking up and grabbing every minute of wonder everywhere.
I love summertime, I know that for sure, always.
Here's what else I know for sure (this week):
- Giveaways are good and this one is really good. All the pictures above were taken with my iPhone. In fact, that's my go-to camera since it is ALWAYS with me. In honor of living in the moment, loving it and capturing it on your iPhone, I'm giving away a quick-change camera lens for your iphone--the olloclip. A lens that can make the awesome pics you already take on your iphone um, awesome-er. It is a $70 lens and is perfect for capturing all the summer memories you are making.
All you need to do is leave a comment here or like my Facebook page and leave a comment and you will be entered. You have until next Thursday to leave comments and enter. A winner will be chosen randomly and announced next Friday.
- Our obsession with RummiKub lives on. It's such a fun, all-ages, any-season kind of game. Perfect for my favorite place in the whole world, our front porch.
- The little boys are in love with two books right now, actually we all are. Here are two of our favs right now:
Pete the Cat is such a fun book about staying cool no matter what. It's fun to read and a great message.
Blackout is a perfect summertime book and a book about unplugging and spending time together as a family. We all relate to this message, everyone from the 3-year-old to the 39-year-old in the family.
- I'm not so anti-technology for my boys when it gives them bonding moments like this one.
|Checking baseball scores before lights out.|
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel here, so you don't miss out on how-to videos like this one. You know, where I tell you every way not to put on false eyelashes. Subscribe!
- Nature is scary. My kids think I'm nuts, okay everyone does, but nature doesn't like me and I don't trust it. We literally almost ran into this deer on a family walk after dinner the other night. Look at the deer, there's no fear there, just a challenging, menacing stare.
|I was crying while taking this picture, |
too afraid to move (no lie).
- Bitchy resting face is real and I have it. Have you heard of this? I laughed out loud after I read this and watched the video. You must, especially if you are an aging woman who doesn't use Botox, watch this video. Personally, I'm so glad there is a movement to accept "BRF." :)
Click here to read all about it.
What do you know for sure (this week)? C'mon, we're friends, share what you know. What do you love about summer? Leave a comment here or on the Facebook page (and don't forget you might win the super awesome iPhone lens).
Please come play with me on Instagram @jumpingwithmyfingerscrossed.
I'm linking up today with my friends Greta from Gfunkified.com and Sarah from SundaySpill.com for the #iPPP link up. They host a link up where they encourage people to share "your funny, your yummy, your heartfelt, your favorite photos of the week" from our phones.
Check them out.
Check them out.
Oh yeah, and because it was a post full of music references, here you go:
Turn, Turn, Turn
Bruce Springsteen style...