What I know for sure this week, is that everything is going to be fine. I have a deeper understanding of grief. I have more compassion about so many things and for so many people. I have more empathy, less tolerance for judgement and meanness. I have more perspective, less annoyance with little things.
There were waves of sadness that came over me at strange times this past week. In a store while I was checking out sweaters and jackets for when the weather cools off and I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. Tears in my eyes and hurt in my heart when I remember that I was supposed to be shopping for maternity clothes. Or when I got back on the treadmill the other day. It hit me hard when I realized the last time I was on the treadmill I was pregnant, and planning to run through the entire pregnancy to try to not gain a million pounds like I did with the other babies.
The waves came less often everyday and I made it a couple days without feeling like I was going to cry. It's hard to explain, but I know it will be okay. I know it because:
My oldest baby is starting middle school and it's all rotating schedules, locker combinations, new beginnings and letting go. It's all puff out my chest with pride and love moments.
|Even though Lucy is so not impressed, I think it's all pretty cool.|
It's football season. That means more anxiety for me, but it means so much excitement for my boys. It's all helmets, pads (thank goodness), being tough, being a teammate and being a good example to younger brothers.
It's going to be fine.
There will be moments of worry, anxiety, letting go, pushing and pulling. There will be moments of sweetness, joy, love, holding on, cherishing. But it will be fine, I know that for sure.
Here's what else I know for sure this week:
- The kitchen dance is back. I knew I was feeling better when this happened:
- This movie, August:Osage County, looks gooooood. The cast is unbelievable and Meryl Streep as a crazy, mean southern woman? Um, hello!
- I want people to stop talking about Miley Cyrus.
- Comfort food, yeah that's good but comfort shows are VERY important. Over the past two weeks Tim and I have been watching the first and second season of Parenthood on Netflix. It's relatable, funny, heartwarming....just what I need right now. And we're looking forward to season five.
- I'm sort of excited about Fall. I can't believe it, but I'm excited about the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks and I'm not mad that they go on sale next week. But I still refuse to rush the pinning on Pinterest, no Christmas pins yet!
What do you know for sure (this week)? C'mon, we're friends, share what you know. Leave a comment here or on the Facebook page.
Please come play with me on Instagram @jumpingwithmyfingerscrossed.
I'm linking up today with my friends Greta from Gfunkified.com and Sarah from SundaySpill.com for the #iPPP link up. They host a link up where they encourage people to share "your funny, your yummy, your heartfelt, your favorite photos of the week" from our phones.
Check them out.